Find your lawyer
Search for a Lawyer - Attorney-of-law - Avocat - Rechtsanwalt
6930 Carroll Avenue, Suite 419
MD 20912 Washington (Tahoma Park), United States
Tel: +1 315 307 1601
Mob: +1 202 725 1647
Fax: +1 301 270 0193
Employment - Discrimination; Employee Benefits; Employees Rights; Labor; Workers Compensation;
Government - Administrative Law; Case law; Local, Municipal & State Law;
International Law - Customs Law; International Investments;
Legal Firm / Attorney-at-Law Description:
Mr. Christopher Nugent is Principal Attorney at the Law Office of Christopher Nugent, Esquire, being licensed to practice law in Washington D.C. and North Dakota. Practice in Maryland is exclusively dedicated to federal immigration and nationality law.
Mr. Christopher Nugent is committed to excellence in client services providing strategic solutions to their important immigration legal needs ranging from:
- Diplomatic and international agency legal matters;
- Investment and employment-based immigration;
- Student visas;
- Relief from deportation including humanitarian waivers, asylum protection and related administrative and federal appeals when necessary;
- Foreign United States consular processing;
- Administrative and Congressional advocacy.
As a result of an excellent reputation and a high professionalism gained during his over two decade of experience in the law field, Mr. Nugent's client victories and commendations include (but are not limited) to the following Awards:
- The Daniel Levy Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in Immigration Law, Sponsored by LexisNexis and Matthew Bender, 2004;
- Pro Bono Award, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2005;
- Harmony Award from the Gay Men's Chorus of Washington, D.C., 2005;
- Pro Bono Award, Washington Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs, 2005 and 2007;
- Outstanding Dedication and Commitment to Immigrants and Refugees, National Immigration Law Center, 2007;
- The Pro Bono Publico Award, Legal Aid Society of New York, 2005, 2007 and 2008;
- Rock the Law Award, Jewish Foundation of Group Homes, Washington D.C. 2008;
- The Southern Illinois School of Law Laser honorary lecturer in 2009;
- The Beacon of Justice Award, National Legal Aid and Defender Association, Washington, D.C., 2010.
Mr. Nugent has been a speaker at numerous governmental, non-governmental, and academic events and conferences, including (but not limited) to American University College of Law, Harvard Law School, Vanderbilt University Law, Vermont Law School, Washington University College of Law, Yale Law School etc.
Also he is a prolific writer on U.S. immigration law and policy. His publications include (but are not limited) to:
- 36 Human Rights Magazine 1, Fall 2009 - "Ensuring Fairness and Due Process for Noncitizens in Immigration Proceedings"
- Immigration Law Today, May/June 2008 - "New EOIR Guidelines Offer More Pro Bono Incentives"
-The National Casa Association - Judge's Page, April 2008 - "Special Immigrant Juvenile Status: An Ideal Path to Permanency for Vulnerable Undocumented, Neglected or Abandoned Youth"
Holland & Knight LLP Media and Communications Newsletter, April/May 2008 - "Landmark Legislation Strengthens Federal Freedom of Information Act"
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Immigration Section Newsletter, Fall 2006 - "Things Fall Apart: 2006 in Legislation"
- 5 University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class 243, Fall 2005 - "Towards Balancing A New Immigration and Nationality Act: Enhanced Immigration Enforcement and Fair, Humane and Cost-Effective Treatment of Aliens"
Mr. Nugent is Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association and Co-Chair of the Committee on the Rights of Immigrants of the Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities of the American Bar Association.
Back to Lawyers list